CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Updates

A few things for today:

AJ's room:
It's been put on hold. Aaron really doesn't want me to paint it. He wants to redo the walls altogether. I'm still a little iffy on that because I'm afraid it won't work out. I'll give him another month or two before I just start to paint while he's at work and when my mom can take AJ so he doesn't have to sleep in a paint filled house.

Yucky:
We've started to have problems with mice. Yuck, and I'm a screamer. I had my brother and his friends look for this mouse and at one point I think that they didn't believe that I actually saw this mouse run all over my living room, luckily while AJ was sleeping. So, after one of AJ's bottle nipples had a hole chewed in it, I went to the store to look for some mouse friendly traps, but didn't have luck in find any. I ended up finding a mouse trap that functions like the old style mouse traps, except, that it is shaped that one of those claw hair clips.
I put them out last night with some peanut butter smeared on the top like it said. Went to bed hoping it would work. It did work. The poor mouse was caught in the trap but still alive I felt so bad. Walking by the other mouse trap I saw that it had triggered that one as well. I called my brother to have him come take care of the mouse. He got here, I showed him where it was. He didn't understand how to open it up to let the mouse out, so I went to get the other one to show him. I picked it up to find....
another mouse, dead this time. I dropped it and screamed. Bryan took the mice to the front of our park and let them out. He said the alive one would probably die anyway because his skull was crushed. So... as much as I really don't want to. I'm going to have to put the traps up again tonight. If I keep catching mice I'm going to call pest control cause this is disgusting.

Me:
I'm finally going to start getting back into shape. I'm not that far from my pre-pregnancy weight. 5 pounds, sometimes 3. I have never really liked my body, but I was started to become ok with it. I was trying to do little things here or there to make it better, like not drinking real soda, just diet. I'll be honest, I was having a hard time sticking to it because diet soda was not always available while regular was. I was just under the mindset, oh well I'll try again tomorrow.
Then, someone asked me the dreaded question.... Are you pregnant, AGAIN? Of course I was upset, I tried not to look like it, but I just patted my belly and said, "Nope, just FAT". I even had someone a couple of days later tell me I looked wonderful, they didn't even recognize me. It didn't help, my feelings were still hurt.
So, I've started to exercise. Now, I've learned from myself. If I just jump into some hardcore exercise I won't stick with it. I found this 6 week program, and yes, it is free, on Shape.com. If you are like me and haven't exercised and are completely out of shape, you start with the walking program. It's six weeks of walking, followed by six weeks of walking and running, and then followed by six weeks of running. Obviously, I'm doing the walking program. I'll put up another post with myy first weeks schedule. I'm going to try to eat a little healthier, but I might just have to put that off until I have more money to really go grocery shopping.
In other news, my financial aid sucks. It hasn't been done, and I'm afraid it won't be done before school starts. My school needs to get on the ball about this stuff.

0 comments: