CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Poor Baby

I had to take AJ to the ER last night around 3:00 am. I had noticed around 11 pm that he felt very hot. A not so quick temp check turned out to be around 103F but we didn't get to finish it because he was flailing and screaming. I dose of tylenol and a little while later he felt cooler, but a temp check a little later still had him at 103F. My mom told me to give him a cool bath, but I didn't want to freak him out, so I gave him an almost warm bath, which brought his temp down to 100.5F but 5 min later he was 102F and we decided to take him to the ER.
At the ER they temped him at 104.2, and gave him tylenol and motrin. Turns out he has a bilateral ear infection. It's puss behind the eardrum in both ears. So, on top of the other stuff he has ear drops for pain, and antibiotics for the infection. So, about every 2 hours he's taking some kind of medicine... and he isn't happy about it. As long as his fever is gone tomorrow we can cut out the tylenol and motrin, but as of this point, while his fever is under control it still isn't gone. It lowers for a little while after his medicine but then goes up when it's time for more. Luckily, not as high as yesterday.
Today, he's been cranky... oh boy it sucks. He's normally such a happy little boy, and loves to play, but today it's been crying and whining all day. He's not eating, but the doctor says that ok. He's also not drinking, which is not ok. We're trying everything to get him to drink... applejuice, water, milk, chocolate milk, slurpie, ice cream... nothing worked, but just a little bit ago he did start drinking apple juice... not enough though. We'll see if he starts to drink more tomorrow morning. If not I'll take him to the evening pediatric people.

So, that's the update on my sick little one. I can't wait until he is feeling better!

0 comments: