CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blah

I guess I have a bit of catching up to do. I haven't really been in the mood to blog.

Things have gotten really hard financially. Luckily, Aaron did get a job, and he should be starting soon, although that is bittersweet in itself. The thought of having to work really hard the next couple of months to get back to where we were two months ago is exhausting, and I'm not talking about going to work, but actually working on the situation. Aaron getting a job is bittersweet because the excitement of it was dampered pretty quickly when everyone from his previous employment (people he doesn't not like) found out about his job and how much he's getting paid within 24 hours of me telling one person.

I talked to my mom acouple of day ago about Christmas. Aaron and I have decided that we are probably going to do Christmas in February when we should start to have some extra cash. I have to be honest and say that I am disappointed, but all I can say is... what can ya do?
AJ birthday is coming up quite fast, and it's scary. I've had a lot of people tell me not to worry about his first birthday, he won't remember it, but I don't care. It's his FIRST birthday... and I want a nice one. He'll never have another 1st birthday and it's big for me. He's my first child, and I want to be able to celebrate it. At least Aaron will be working, and we should be able to celebrate it just fine. I just have to start planning it.

Work for me has been going pretty well. Actually the last couple of elementary jobs have made wish that I stuck with my elementary education degree. FCAT teaching is not as bad as I had thought, although I wish that the FCAT wasn't as pressured as it is. Anyway, I took a 4th grade job on Friday. The kids were great, actually being able to teach is great, and grading papers is great. Who knows maybe when I get into USF I'll go for teaching and art, so that I can teach until an art position opens up. I have heard that it is hard to get an art position in schools. Anyway, I find that I've always liked to do paperwork. If I'm in an office, I enjoy filing papers, and data entry type stuff, but I don't necessarily like to work with the general public because people are cranky. In teaching, I usually like the kids expecially in the 3 to 6 grade range, and I like the paperwork that goes with it.

AJ is doing well. He went to busch gardens for the first time on Black Friday. He had a lot of fun. I have a few pictures of that. I'll put some pictures of him up soon.

Other than all that, school is ending soon for me. I have one exam that I have to do before tomorrow night, and I'll get started on that soon. And me and my little family will be just scraping by for the next few weeks, so I hope everyone has a wonderful night.

0 comments: