CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

AAAHHHH

I had a rough day today.

My mother called me this morning to let me know that my grandfather's cancer is back and it has spread. He starts treatment on Tuesday.

AJ and I went to visit my grandparents this evening. I haven't given them very many opportunities to see him, not purposely though. I made them dinner, which they said many times they enjoyed. We talked for acouple of hours, and they played with AJ. I got some pictures of each of them with AJ, and some of three together. I wanted to make sure that I got some pictures before my grandfather starts to look sick from the treatment. I can't take the chance of waiting it out... I've promised myself that I'm going to try to get over there at least once a week with AJ.

AJ also went to the doctor today for his 1 year check up. The doctor says he looks wonderful, and he's developing ahead of schedule! He is 30 inches long, and weighs 21 pounds and 4 ounces. He's in the 50th percentile for his length, and 10-25 percentile for his weight.
The doctor suggested that I take him to the dentist. His tooth looks like it was chipped, and the doctor can seal it so it doesn't get a cavity. He also got his first shot today, DTaP. He was a champ! He didn't cry during the shot, but cried after they put the bandaid on.
Right now he's having a bit of an issue. I'm not sure if it is from the shot or because he's getting his daddy's cold. His temperature is slowly rising. about 30 mins ago it was 102.4. So, I gave him some tylenol, and I'm waiting 30 more min to take his temp again. He's been really clingy and sleepy today. He's spaced out quite abit, and he's unable to sleep. So, I'm in for a long night, expecially if his temp does go down. I walked into his room to check on his temp, and he was just laying there looking at the ceiling, boy was that freaky.

Anyway, I'm going to go spend some time on my school work. Hopefully, the time will fly right by, and when I take AJ's temp it'll be a lot lower.

0 comments: