CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Organizational Skills

I lack them!! I can be organized in my work place but when it comes to my home and personal life, I am far from organized.

Today, I started to organize my life and home. Cleaning is not my thing, I've said it here many times before. I'm trying a new way of doing it, along with helping me to get organized. My nightly routine will now include setting out tomorrows clothes and then jotting down a list of things that I would like to complete. That includes my chores and a small thing or two that I want to organize.

I'm the type of person that does get over-whelmed with large projects if I don't have someone to help motivate me. Of course I can't have someone helping me and walking me through the big projects that a home brings a long, so I have to learn to deal with it and find a way that will work just for me.

Now, I've tried this program called Fly-lady... honestly, I don't get it and it doesn't go fast enough for me. But something that always has worked for me is lists. I like to make lists, and I like to check off things off lists... I don't know what that says about my personality, but it works for me.

Anyway, my day has included doing my chores, washing my car along with Heather's car, and her mom's car, and I've slowly started to tackle my closet. We don't have much storage space, so our closet has become just that.

This is how I'm going to tackle my organizational projects. Everyday, I'm going to do a boxes worth or grocery bags worth of organizing and if I'm feeling up to it, I'll do more, if not then I've completed my goal for the day. So, it will be slow going, but I'm confident that I'll be organized just in time for Christmas... which of course will probably de-organize me, if that even is a word, lol.

Lots of talk so far about Christmas. It's my big milestone for my goals, so it will probably continue. I've also pretty much have an idea on the type of Christmas cards I will be making. They are called "waterfall" cards. Example HERE.

I love how it looks simplistic, almost childlike. There is a good probability that my card will look similar.

So, off I am to complete the last bit of chores on my list, and make my new list for tomorrow.

Ta ta for now.

1 comments:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I am a list-lover too!

It sounds like you have come up with a plan that will work really good for you.
I can't so fly-lady either, by the way. Though, I have incorporated bits and pieces of her program into my life.

This is me cheering you along towards your goal... WHOO - HOO! :)

-Andrea