CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 8, 2009

The viewing and Christmas

My Papa's viewing was today. Honestly, I didn't want to go. The night he died, I was the first to get there, so I got a good little while to spend some time with him and say my goodbyes. I didn't feel the need to go and say goodbye again. Today wasn't the memorial service, that will be next week, but I went because I felt that my family wouldn't have appreciated it if I stayed home. I left AJ at home because he didn't need to be there either. I will be taking him to the memorial service though.

I had my camera in my car and my mother told me to get it after my Uncle announced that we were allowed to take pictures. I felt so wierd taking pictures. I thought that my mother had wanted them, but come to find out she doesn't want to see them at all. I guess it was good though because it did turn out that my Nana wanted the pictures.


I started some Christmas preparations today. Now that I'm allowed to communicate with Aaron's family I needed to update my Christmas card list, and birthday list. I made out a whole list of people who are getting Christmas cards this year, and I found their addresses. I'm even thinking of making my Christmas cards. Making cards is something that I love to do, but when it comes to Christmas time, I find myself very busy and I just buy a box of cards for $1. I would love to personalize it this year. I'm gonna have to do some searching through google for some ideas though. I also need to make a list of names who are going to actually get presents from me and write down ideas for their gifts.

I know I probably sound crazy, but we waited last year to do Christmas and found ourselves with no money because Aaron had lost his job. We did not get to celebrate with presents and the Christmas cards that I sent out never got to their destinations, which was kind of disappointing because they had so many professional pictures in them. This year, I want to be prepared. I want to make sure that presents are bought while we have money, and by the time Christmas comes around, maybe it won't be such a mad dash to find presents and we won't struggle from lack of money.

This year, I am determined to have a Christmas Tree as well... but no real ones. I don't like the smell and mess that a tree makes, and some trees give me rashes after touching them. Plus, fake trees are more cost effective. See... in Florida real Christmas trees have to be shipped which makes the cost sky rocket. A small not so good tree could be bought for $25 bucks if you are lucky, but a medium sized nice full tree can be around $75 bucks... and I have seen trees for over $100. A fake tree, that you don't have to worry about fullness or being lopsided can be bought for $25 - $50 and will last you quite a few Christmases.

Once I get back to work I'm going to start AJ's Christmas shopping. I'm just going to buy him cars and accessories. He'll play hours with cars. I could buy him every single big huge expensive advanced what ever normal kid wants toys and he'll go straight for a tiny one dollar matchbox car. So, I'm going to buy him a ton of those, a case, and a new road rug. No need to clutter up my house with bulky toys, my boy likes cars. He also likes legos, and because his birthday is only a few weeks after Christmas, I'm going to buy his birthday presents at the same time. Of course he won't get them on Christmas. I'm going to buy him legos, and a table to play with it on, I'm also going to buy some stuff for his room because we'll be upgrading his room to a big boy room then too. Don't worry though, I'm not talking about big boy legos, while he does like those he needs me to take them apart, so he's getting the big legos, and his big boy bed will only be his crib converted to a toddler bed. I'm also going to take the door off of his room and put a gate there so that he can't wander at night.

AND... the biggest change of all.....

AJ is getting a potty chair for his birthday.

Of course this is still a little less than 6 months away, but changes are coming for my boy... I hope he's not like me and doesn't try to resist it!!!

0 comments: