CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, April 13, 2009

My results

The GK has four sections: essay, reading, english, and math. I took a computer test so that my scores would be graded right away. For obvious reasons though... only three out of the four sections can be graded right away. And for those that don't know what the obvious is... the computer cannot grade the essay. Actually, I guess the rule is that two different people have to read and grade my essay and then they'll find the average.

I was so very nervous while I was waiting for my test results. I ended up going out of the room and I walked up and down this huge hallway twice, talking on the phone to Aaron. When I finally went back into the room the lady behind the desk was printing out my results. She handed me a stack of papers that were turned upside down, explained to me that I won't have my essay results for another two weeks, and that I was only going to recieve a certificate saying that I completed it. For some reason my heart dropped. I knew that wasn't going to have my essay graded but... my ears heard "ONLY". So, I thanked her took my papers and when I turned to leave she say, "Don't be afraid to look at your results." I turned around to look at her, and my heard started pounding so loudly. When I turned it over the first certificate that I saw said that I completed the essay... I fanned out the papers on the desk, and there were four of them. They had a lot of big writing that said my name and the test it was four and the date and some other stuff... and it lettering that was literally half the size of all of the rest of the text the last three papers said... passed. I looked at her and asked her, "Does this mean that I passed?" LOL... duh.. it was the stupidest question I could have asked. She smiled at me and said yep.

The feeling that I felt was so overwhelming. I wanted to scream and dance around. I had been so nervous this past week, and to know I that passed... I just can't describe it. I thanked her and walked out of the room. I called Aaron to tell him but I just started lauging like crazy. As soon as I got to my car I sat in it and start to to squeal and dance around. I'm sure if there were anyone in the parking lot that would have thought that I was crazy. The testing room is inside a bank on the second story with some other offices, so not everyone is there for testing.

And really this is what I have to say about taking the GK... the nervousness that goes a long with it is not worth it. They say that it is just like the 10th grade FCAT. I can't honestly say I remember how easy or hard the FCAT was, but studying for it really helped. Really... I focused all of my testing on math. English, reading, and essay are all stuff that I have to do for college courses, but it's been awhile since I've taken a math class, and I honestly didn't remember a lot of the stuff. Since I really only teach up to fifth grade that is the level that I most comfortable with. I also, took two practise GK math tests, and the practice tests where harder than the real test.

0 comments: