CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Nervous

It has been seven years since I've last taken a very big exam like I am taking in the morning. That last exam was the FCAT and it didn't even faze me... I don't think at that time I completely realized what an impact it could have on a student. Besides, I wasn't a bad student so it wasn't too big a deal.

This time it is different... this exam tomorrow holds my future. Whether or not I will be accepted into my degree program. God... who knows how I'll act when it comes time for certification. I guess the good news and something to easy my mind is that they usually will accept you into the program if you've attempted the exam... you just can't get very far until it's passed.

The GK has four sections... mostly to do with reading and english, but the fourth section is math. That's the section that has me all nervous. I took a practice test acouple weeks ago and the score that I got was VERY scarey... down right horrible and if that were my exam I would have failed it. So, for a while now I've been studying the FCAT Math starting from 5th grade up to 10th grade. I sort of stopped at the beginning of the 10th grade FCAT because there is just so much there that I know is in my head. I recognize the problems but I can't recall in my head how exactly to solve them. I also didn't need to go through the 5th grade math, but since I substitute 5th grade quite often I like to be familiar with the programs that they use.

So... at 11:00 am in the morning you know we're I'll be... sitting at a computer in a proctored test room taking my very scarey GK exam. Wish me luck!

0 comments: