CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm fighting a battle with AJ... and for the most part, he wins.

His iron levels came back at a 7.7, normal is 11. It is quite low and he's just not eating for me anymore. The doctor says that is normal, but not eating and having low iron is just too much for me to take comfort in "normal".

But, for tonight, I won the battle. I had always told myself that I would not make my children special dinners just because they didn't like what I was making. But, I have to make an exception. This has everything to do with AJ's health and development, and I can't worry about him being a picky eater right now.

I decided to try and make fish tonight to see how he would do. Now, I was told that fish was a good source of iron, but after dinner tonight and doing research on it... I have found that it isn't necessarily that good of a source of iron. Oh, well it doesn't really matter at this point. At least he ate.

So, what did I make tonight? I made home made fish sticks. They were very good actually, and I would have loved to make the dipping sauce that was on there, but the jar of horseradish was actually empty... so I just made tartar sauce to go with it.

Recipe

Now it calls for panko... I didn't have any of that. I just used regular bread crumbs, they were italian seasoned bread crumbs but they still came out awesome.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

David is a very picky eater...however his iron is good...but that is most likely due to the fact that he loves watermelon...and I have heard that has lots of iron in it...so give that a try... good luck I know David never eats what we do...I said the same thing. Ugh what we do for our children :)

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

YUM! I love fish sticks but generally don't eat them because it's hard to find any that are somewhat healthy!

-Andrea