CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Darn... I lost my whole post and now I have to write it again...


Anyway, as I said before, I was talking to my friend Laura today and we both have decided that we are going to start homeschooling. So, yes, AJ will start homeschooling by the end of the week.

It's not going to be all the structure and hard work that you are probably thinking. We'll take a few small tasks and focus on them for a week or two and then we'll move on. I found a website that I'm going to use as a guideline, and then Laura and I are going to get together once or twice a week and have our kids practice and play together.

It'll be fun, and I'll feel like I'm actually doing something with AJ. I read blogs from other people and see other friends' children who are all around AJ's age and they are either talking or doing complex activities... and I feel that maybe I have put AJ off to the side a little too much in the name of doing my own school work.

What I am going to start doing is structuring AJ's day with a daily routine. I don't have control over how Aaron takes care of AJ during the day but I'll work on the weekend and evening routine and hopefully AJ will eventually fall into a routine in the morning as well.

Oh, here is the website in case you are interested. Its free and goes from 3 months until late elementary school years. http://www.letteroftheweek.com/index.html

0 comments: