CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 18, 2010

Dentist

AJ's official first dentist appointment was today. But, of course, he's already been to the dentist twice to repair a chipped tooth and then to repair the cap over the chipped tooth after an accident with a pillow and the floor.

He had a cleaning and exam with the dentist. He didn't get any xrays taken because they said that it's very hard to get a child his age to do it right, but they'll try every time. They also said that if I insist on it they'll do it, but I'm not going to force them to torture him. Anyway, from examining his teeth during the cleaning and the dentist looking afterward, he does not have any cavities, which is awesome!

I was a little irritated with the dentist office today though. The first two times we have gone, we went to the office that was open that day, which just happened to be in palm harbor both days. Apparently they have three offices, but I've only heard about the two. Well, the one in palm harbor is absolutely beautiful. The walls are painted brightly, the toys are well taken care of, and they a video game center for the older kids. The back area where they take the kids to wait looks awesome from the pictures I've seen. Just a totally kid friendly office, and the other parents that I've met there have all been really friendly and nice. Both time there were parents to offer me support when I'd start crying... hey, it's hard to send your one year old to the back to see the dreaded dentist!

The office I went to today is normally an adult office, and on certain mornings they share it with AJ's dentist. There were a very few, very worn, very unclean (I mean with black smudges and everything) toys. The waiting area was filled and wasn't much bigger than a walk in closet. Honestly, I was reminded of going to the health department when I was younger. There was even this one little girl who had bright green snot running down her face and she wanted to play with AJ, but I wouldn't let him. The last thing I really need while trying to balance work, school, aches and pains from being pregnant, is to get sick myself or have a sick toddler. The people there were... I don't know a good word... but there was a video game system and instead of letting the kids play, there were some adults playing on them. That is so irritating to me. I know AJ isn't old enough to play, but those aren't there for the comfort and enjoyment of the parent... When I was scheduling his next appointment and cleaning, I told them that I wanted to be moved back to the other office and they did give me a hard time about it. They reluctantly scheduled me for palm harbor, and I'll take the drive there every 6 months if I have to. The atmosphere is just THAT much better!

0 comments: