CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Let the CRAZY begin!

I find that I don't blog because of my camera not having a cord. I wanted to post about some of the projects that I was working on, and I'm severly disappointed that I didn't have a camera to take pictures of AJ on his 2nd birthday. I will be borrowing a camera for his second birthday party which is in like a week and a half, yikes!!

So here is what I've been up to:

I finished a blanket for my friend Heather. I started it over the summer but had to put it to the side when school started. I never felt comfortable working on projects when I'm not caught up with school work. At the start of the project, I knew it was going to be for Heather, but it ended up being a house warming gift for her and her boyfriend. Although, it was about a month late. I think I was originally going to give it to her as a Christmas gift, but then a few months before Christmas I found out that they were going to move in together and I thought it might make a good house warming gift. Now, if I had a camera, I could have taken a picture of the lovely blanket!

I started another blanket. This one shouldn't take me so long. The pattern that I was working on for Heather was very detailed. I believe its called filet crocheting. Anyway, this new blanket is just the same row being crocheted over and over again. It goes quite quickly, which also means I go through yarn quite quickly too. This recipient for this blanket isn't a secret. At the end of summer I reconnected with a friend, Paul. I found out that he had joined the military and that he was at that time over in Iraq. It was pretty awesome to be able to talk to him over facebook while he was there. I had told him that I found the perfect yarn and pattern and was going to make him a blanket for when he comes home. BUT... I'm going to use the same excuse. I couldn't finish Heather's blanket because of school work, so I definitely couldn't start a new one. I ended up having to order more yarn for Heather's blanket because it wasn't being sold in any stores around here, so I decided to start Paul's blanket. My goal is to have it finished by the time he gets back to Florida. I just heard that he finally made it back to the states but he won't be back to Florida until February. So it gives me some time... and it should be plenty of time.

That is... if I don't get bogged down with school work again. Yep, another semester has started. I have high hopes though, but I'm still nervous.

I also made invitations for AJ's birthday party. And, I have some ideas in progress about my next few projects. I would love to try my hand in redoing some of my furniture... and I will definitely have a camera for those projects because they're going to be big for me. If they turn out well then I want to document it lol. If not, then I have something to laugh at and remind myself why I should never try redoing furniture again!

So, I'm off to get my school work done so that I don't have a rerun of last semester and my bogged down school work life. I'll leave you with my handsome boy eating a birthday cupcake on Monday! Doesn't he look like he is enjoying being two?

0 comments: