CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Resolutions

I wasn't planning on making any resolutions this year. I seem to not be able to keep them if I make them lol. I did notice however that I had decided to make some changes and I have been following through with them so far, and it just happens to be the right time of year to say that they were unintentional new years resolutions.

First, I have been trying my darnedest to catch up with cleaning my house, and slowly it is getting there. My kitchen has stayed clean for the past week now because I have consciously been cleaning it twice a day. First, when I get home from work/school/errands because hubby and son make a mess in there during the day, and finally at night after dinner.

Which actually leads me to my second unintentional new years resolution. We have been a little low on cash so far this year so I decided that we wouldn't be eating out as much. This was a hard decision to make because a lot of the time it is just AJ and I and it's hard to make stuff that won't go to waste. But, in reality there still was a lot of fast food that was going to waste, it isn't healthy for us, and while it doesn't seem expensive up front it adds up quickly. So, I sat down at the beginning of the week and looked through the store flyers and found a store that had the best sales this week. I looked online for some good cheap recipes and found 15 dinners for under $1.50. The whole thing isn't really under $1.50 so it is a little misleading, but each serving of the dinner is suppose to be under $1.50. There are acouple of good dinners in there that I have tried so far, and some that haven't been a big hit. So, I think being in the kitchen every night to actually prepare dinner has helped me with keeping it clean.

So, it's been about a week, and I've kept up with both of these things. I honestly feel 100 times better after making dinner. I also spent less than $75 on a weeks worth of groceries that I may be able to drag out to last another 3 or 4 days, which makes me feel even better, lol!

Of course every semster I have a new semester resolutions of keeping on top of my school work. I already failed that the second day of school today when I didn't have all my chapters read, but to be honest the teacher didn't help by posting the class late either. I really didn't have enough time to read it all. I'll get caught back up before the next class on Tuesday.

Lets see, what else have I been thinking about that I can turn into an unintentional new years resolution? Well, I was really disappointed with myself last semester for getting so bogged down in school work that I couldn't do anything that I enjoyed. So, going hand in hand with my last resolution, I want to keep on top of my school work so that I can do something that I enjoy. I would love to do something everyday, but that might be too ambitious, but I definitely would like to make time for myself a few times a week to do a project, surf the internet, or even just watch tv without feeling guilty about my school work.

Which brings me to what my next post will be about.... I think it's going to be about some ideas that I came across the last few nights while I was surfing the internet.

0 comments: