CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Absolute Frustration

... with planning my wedding. I had the perfect flight, with out choice of hotel, on the exact dates that I wanted... and travelocity SCREWED UP!!!!

I've explained my issue about 10 times since Friday night... but I'll explain again anyway.

I was on travelocity.com late Friday night, and I finally found a flight that I liked.. we would leave early Sunday morning, get to Las Vegas around noon... and then leave late Thursday night and get home very early Friday morning. It works perfectly... it gives us the right amount of time in Las Vegas. It gets us there early enough on Sunday where we can run around getting a marriage license and other things, and get married on Monday. The hotel we've chosen has a wonderful deal going on right now through the end of June... around 25 bucks a night!!!

So, I try to book it online but I was starting to have trouble with the flight. It showed it, but then when I was on the last step of checking out it said it was sold out. So, very disappointed, I started over to look for another flight, and there was the exact same flight! I tried to book it again, but again it said it was sold out.

I decided that I would call travelocity to see what was going on, and if they could book that flight for me. I got in touch with this really nice lady, and she was helping me a whole bunch. She saw the flight that I wanted, said that it told her it was available, tried to book it for me, and then it said it was sold out. She looked again, and it said it was available. So, she puts me on hold to call and see whats going on.... we get disconnected.

I waited a little while to see if she would call me back, but she didn't so I called back. I got this guy on the phone. He had a very strong accent, and I had a hard time communicating with him. I asked him to find the lady that I was previously talking to, he put me hold, but came back saying that he would help me... I have a feeling he didn't try to find the lady that was helping me. So, I go through the whole story of what just happened. He sees the flight, tries to book it for me, but then it comes up as sold out. So, we go through the process of trying to find another flight because he wasn't as helpful as the other lady by offering to figure out what was going on with the first flight. I picked a new flight, asked him to tell me how much the new total was, but he puts me on hold. He comes back after awhile and tells me that my credit card was declined. At first I was very upset that he tried to run my card without my permission seeing as I asked him to tell me the total first. I start to yell at him, and he explains to me that he was able to get my original flight, but when he tried charge my card it was decline. I was already upset, but there was no reason that my card should have been declined...

I go and look at my account online, and I see that I've been charged twice for tickets that they haven't even booked me for! I still had enough to try and pay again, but I didn't want all of my money tied up. He told my that they were just holding my money and it will be returned with in 24 hours. Obviously, 24 hours has long gone, and my money is still being held up.

Shortly after I hung up with the guy, I called back to talk to a supervisor because I wanted to make sure that my money would be returned, and I wanted to complain. The supervisor I teld with was a complete idiot and an asshole! He says that my money will be returned in 24 to 48 hours, and that there is no guaruntee that once my money is returned to be that I will be able to book the same plans as before. I yelled at the guy, hung up the phone, and complained to Aaron.

We waited the 48 hours, and my money was still not returned to me. So, last night Aaron called them, and spoke to a new supervisor. The lady told him that she would call my credit card company, get me my money back, and help us book the same plans for the same price. All he had to do was give her the credit card company's phone number. He didn't have it because he was at work, so he said that I would call her right back with it. He called me, and I called the company with in 15 minutes.

So, I called back, and asked to speak to the supervisor, and this guy comes on the phone. I asked to speak to the other one, already I was annoyed that they didn't transfer me to the person I asked to speak too. He says that he can help me, and I said no, I want to speak to the other supervisor. He puts me on hold, comes back and says she has left for the day, but he'll help me. Thoroughly annoyed, I start explaining the problem. I give him the credit card company's phone number, he puts me on hold, and then comes back to say that the company is out on holiday. I said, ok well I have enough money to book again, the other lady said that she would help us get what we wanted before. He tells me, Ma'am I can only give you want is showing up online, there is no guarantee of price. I'm absolutely livid now, and I asked with the other lady would be back. He tells me her schedule, and I said that I'd have Aaron call back.

Now, we are just waiting until she's in the office to give them a call. All I have to say is that I'm probably never going to deal with travelocity again. They've held my money for too long, every flight I've tried to book with them since then has one price, and then on the final step of booking, it says oops, there was a change in your flight price... and it goes up like 200 bucks. It really is ridiculous!


AAARRRGGGG... someone doesn't want me to get married!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: