CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wedding Update

I have been quite busy the past few days trying to get ideas for many different aspects of my wedding. If you read the previous post you'll know that I have had some frustrating moments, but I have also had some really creative break through moments.

Somebody please smack me on the forehead.... please! I'm seriously considering making my own wedding dress! I don't know if I am actually going to build up enough courage to actually do it though. I've sewed things before, and I've even sewed a renaissance outfit, but this feels so completely different. A renaissance dress doesn't matter... well, I guess when it boils down to it, my wedding dress doesn't either, but that isn't the point! I want it to matter... and so it does. I found a really awesome way to save some money on my wedding dress venture. If I do make my dress, I'll definitely need a dress form. BUT... I could make my own for much much cheaper! Here are the directions! The best part is that it would be my exact figure, and there would be minimal measuring for my dress. Laura and I might just make one for each of us just because lol!

Speaking of Laura... she's my matron of honor. Yes, yes... I know, how can I have a matron of honor if I'm getting married in Las Vegas. Well, it's my wedding, and I'm saying I have a matron of honor, so there! Actually, she's not going to be able to go, but I already know that most people are not going to be able to go. So, I'm still labeling her my matron of honor because she's helping me with everything. Because I am flying my mom with us, so far there will be only four people at my wedding: me, aaron, aj, and my mom. I don't want any of them, except for myself of course, and maybe aj since he won't remember anyway... I don't want my mom and Aaron to see me trying on dresses because I want it to be a surprise. I'm not sure I'll need it, but I might need help when I start my announcements. She's going to be our photographer when we get back, and she's going to help me plan our reception for when we get back. So, she's taking on a big role for me, and I love her for it! She truely is the best friend that I have ever had! We have a great time together, and we talk about a lot of stuff, she deserves to be my matron of honor, and just like traditional weddings, I'm going to get her a gift! I just don't know what yet, lol.

Anyway, I do have an idea about what I want for my dress. The must have is a lace up back, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with traditional white, and probably a ball gown cut, and maybe a halter style top, I definitely cannot go sleeveless, and that seems to be the majority of wedding dresses. We'll just have to see. Laura and I are going dress shopping next Sunday!!!! Can't wait, can't wait! Want to know a secret??? We're going to get a pedicure too, but ssshhhhh, no one can know because we're only suppose to be dress shopping! We're so bad *rolls eyes* lol.

Let's see, what else have I done. I can't remember if I said it in my last post, but I have booked the flight and the hotel finally! I also did get my money back after a lot of phonecalls. Aaron and I got two free tickets to cirque du soleil, with the purchase of our three night or longer hotel stay! This < linky > was the only availability for the day that we wanted it. It wasn't the exact one we wanted to see, but it's ok... it was free!

What else???
I got my hair cut so it'll grow healthy between now and then. I just have to get it cut a month before and I'll be all set! I also had an appointment for a makeup consultation today, and I've picked out my colors with help from my Mary Kay consultant, and I'm pretty happy with it. I had one eye done with one set of colors, and the other done with another set. I actually let her house that way so Laura could tell me which one looked better lol! One was a dark brown and the other a deep purple... it didn't look that much different though, so it wasn't really noticable unless you looked for it but the majority has helped me decide on purple. Here is the cool little application that we used to start out our consultation before we actually used the makeup.



That's it for now. There are other things that I'm working on deciding, but that's for another post. It's time for bed now, sweet dreams!

0 comments: